Friday 30 September 2011

The Rainbow Shows Us That the Genesis Flood Was Global



God promised Noah that He would never again destroy all life on earth by a flood. Image courtesy of Jerry Magnum Porsbjer, Wikipedia.





Joel Kontinen


After the Flood described in Genesis, God told Noah:

I have set my rainbow in the clouds, and it will be the sign of the covenant between me and the earth. Whenever I bring clouds over the earth and the rainbow appears in the clouds, I will remember my covenant between me and you and all living creatures of every kind. Never again will the waters become a flood to destroy all life.” (Gen. 9:13-15, NIV).

Many progressive creationists and theistic evolutionists believe that the Flood of Noah’s day was a local deluge.

However, after the Flood God promised never again to send a watery catastrophe to destroy all life on earth. The rainbow guarantees that God will keep His word.

We have heard of many local floods in recent years. The local flood hypothesis fails to explain why they keep on occurring.

The only explanation is that the Genesis Flood was unique.